12 July 2011

And we're back

Ok, so two months, one job, and lots of other events later and I'm posting again.  In the past 2 months I have left my job at a public accounting firm to join an internal audit team for a large publicly traded health care company.  I also got the news that my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer.  And of course I have been busy with baby girl and my amazing wife whenever I haven't been working.

All I can say is I need to get to the range, it is LONG over due and if I plan on pursuing my concealed carry permit soon, I need to start getting in some practice regularly.   As a birthday treat, my mother-in-law gave me some cash for my upcoming birthday to spend on ammo or other range supplies to I can make it out to the range on Saturday.  I ended up at my local big-box sporting goods store thinking it would be easy to pick up some ammo. But when I arrived and started looking at the selection, I realized I had forgotten what I already had "in stock" at home. Lo and behold, this is what I found when I decided to take inventory before making any more purchases:



Not all of the boxes are full, but I think I'm good for this Saturday!

I'm going with my wife's step-father and step-brother so I will try to get some pictures taken to post. I'm looking forward to some fun!

No comments: